25 August 2006

Emailing Hemu

Hemu and I started an email correspondence…


From Marley

Hemu:

What a lovely and loving welcome you
gave me and my project. I am attaching
the proposal I wrote which should explain
precisely what I am doing, how I am planning
to do it, and why. If you have any problems
opening the attachment, please me know.

Could you give me the full names of the first
man I met at the gate and the lovely woman
who introduced me directly to you as well
as the young woman who sat next to me at
the satsang and brought me more books?

One current question: Is it proper or even
possible to send questions (or even this
proposal) through a member of the temple
to the saints to get their thoughts on this
project or any specific questions I might
have later on, perhaps through email and
get written responses Again, thank you and
everyone else for their kindness. I look
forward to seeing you again in a couple of
weeks. I will plan to come between 2 and 2:30p.


Marley

~~~

From Hemu

Jai Swaminarayan!

Marley,

(The proposal) is great!! It did give a
clear understanding of your project.

It should be ok to have the saints read
your proposal through a member of the
mandir but I will find out and let you know.

The names are:
Upen Patel (one you met at the gate)
Pranav Patel (one you met in the mandir)
Rekha Patel (one who introduced us)
Priya Patel (one who joined us)

Jai Swaminarayan,
Hemu


~~~

From Marley

Hemu:

I am happy the proposal made sense to you.

Thank you so much for taking the time to
read (it)and for giving me the names of
the people who were so kind to me. Please
extend my warm regards and gratitude to
each of them.

What does "Jai Swaminarayan" mean?

Marley


~~~

From Hemu

Jai Swaminarayan!
Marley:

Swaminarayan is a mantra given by
Lord Swaminarayan to all his devotees
to chant while turning rosary, to say
it when one meets & greets one (instead
of hello it is Jai Swaminarayan). I hope
it makes sense.

Jai Swaminarayan!

Hemu

~~~

From Marley

Hello, Hemu:

I was reviewing my notes and our
correspondence...and I had a question.
Are all of these people related?

"Upen Patel (one you met at the gate)
Pranav Patel (one you met in the mandir)
Rekha Patel (one who introduced us)
Priya Patel (one who joined us)"

If so, how? If not, then why do they all
have the same last name?

I thought I remembered the man who said
he taught a children's class on Sunday
and told the marvelous story about the
circle/wheel (were you there yet??)
He said he used when teaching, introducing
himself as Peter. He gave me a business
card that I seem to have (so far) misplaced...

Is his name Peter? Or is there some other
name used when he is at the mandir? I
fear I am a bit confused...


Marley

~~~

From Hemu

Jai Swaminarayan

Marley,

Peter is Pranev Patel. Patel is a very common
last name, like Smith and Jones. They are not
related to each other.

I hope this helps.

Jai Swaminarayan
Hemu

~~~

A few days later Hemu sent another email.

From Hemu

Jai Swaminarayan

Marley,

I have sent your proposal to our swami and
he is reviewing at the moment, He has
informed that he will respond to your request
in couple of weeks, since, at the moment, he
is accompanying a group of senior saints
that are currently visiting our mandir.

Jai swaminarayan
Hemu


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm interested in any and all comments although it may take me a while to post them.