05 January 2009

Belief-o-Matic

A retired minister who's hard at work setting up the next Parliament of the World's Religions (3-9 December, 2009 in Melbourne, Australia) mentioned that he thinks Beliefnet is one of the more respected interfaith sites so I spent a little time wandering around on it. I found one fun thing not to be missed: the Belief-O-Matic. Here's how they describe it:

Even if YOU don't know what faith you are, Belief-O-MaticTM knows. Answer 20 questions about your concept of God, the afterlife, human nature, and more, and Belief-O-Matic™ will tell you what religion (if any) you practice...or ought to consider practicing.

Warning: Belief-O-Matic™ assumes no legal liability for the ultimate fate of your soul.


Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Yikes! It turns out I'm a "mainline Liberal church candidate". So how did YOU show up, MTH??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think? It came up with what I'm in the middle of right now: Mahayana Buddhism was number one followed by Hinduism!

    I'm thinking of taking the quiz near the end of every course of study. Maybe I'm that impressionable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, it turns out that I am somewhat of a Baha'i reformed Jewish Quaker. I don't see this myself but I do have a lot in common with them.

    I know they said that they assume no legal liability but I'm going to sue them anyway. Just for the hell of it. :=)

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in any and all comments although it may take me a while to post them.